Luminate is launching a new series of networking and development events for freelance artists who work in older people’s social care.
If you have recent experience of designing or leading creative activities with older people in care homes and day centres, these events provide opportunities to:
- Share experiences with others
- Hear from guest speakers
- Take part in creative activities designed for you
- Explore what practice might look like when this work begins to open up again.
Supported by Creative Scotland, the events will be facilitated by freelance practitioner Kathryn Welch. They will include a mix of informal activities supporting peer learning, as well as structured developmental activities designed in consultation with participating artists.
The programme ‘Artists in Care’ will run from March to July 2021.
To take part you need to be based in Scotland, and to have worked recently in older people’s care homes and/or day centres.
Book your place for each event individually:
- Monday, 29th March, 11am – 12:30pm
- Tuesday, 20th April, 2pm – 3:30pm
- Thursday, 20th May, 9:30am – 11am
- Wednesday, 16th June, 4pm – 5:30pm
- Thursday, 15th July, 2:30pm – 4pm